To help household budgets go further, Coles has locked the price of 1,168 products across supermarkets and online until at least 31 January 2023 and has already begun lowering the price of an additional 500 products.
The extensive list of locked price products and those being lowered in price includes some of the most popular items on Australian shopping lists, such as: mince, free range eggs, cheese, bread, sausages, pasta, rice, chicken stock, crackers, canned tomatoes and tuna, cakes, snacks, and petfood.
Coles’ latest round of price reductions began three weeks ago, with the list of products selling for reduced prices set to grow by more than 500 over coming weeks.
To ensure customers can depend on prices right across the store, Coles’ locked and reduced prices include popular branded items as well as Own Brand essential items.
A survey of almost 4,000 Coles customers found 85 per cent have made changes to their grocery shopping to counter increased cost of living expenses, two-thirds are looking for more discounts, and just under half are buying fewer luxury or treat items.
Coles chief executive of Commercial and Express, Leah Weckert, said keeping prices of staple products affordable was one way Coles could help at a difficult time for many Australians.
“As we lead into Christmas, we know customers want to see price stability and prices come down on the products that matter to them most,” Weckert said. “We will not only be publishing the prices of LOCKED products, but also letting our customers know how long they can depend on that price.
“Our team has been working hard with our suppliers navigating the inflationary environment and working collaboratively to manage these cost pressures. And at the same time, we continue to offer thousands of new specials to our customers every week.”
Some of the locked products include:
- COLES EGGS FREE RANGE 12 PACK 700G – $4.90
- COLES CHEESE SHREDDED TASTY (700G) – $7.50
- SOFT ROUND ROLLS 6PK – $2.50
- PEPSI MAX SOFT DRINK 2L PEPSI MAX – $2.80 (VIC/TAS), $3.00 (other states)
- CADBURY LARGE BLOCK MILK CHOCOLATE 360G – $6.00
- ARNOTTS SALADA RANGE – $3.00
- CROISSANTS 4 PACK – $2.50
- COLES BEEF 3 STAR REGULAR MINCE (500G) – $7.00
- COLES THIN BBQ BEEF SAUSAGES 1.8KG – $12.00
- TOP 20 VARIETY POTATO CHIPS 20PK – $6.50
- COLES 3 STAR LAMB MINCE (500G) – $7.50
- COLES STOCK LIQUID REAL CHICKEN (1L) – $1.90
- COLES DURUM WHEAT PASTA RANGE (500G) – $1.00
- COLES LONG GRAIN RICE 1KG – $1.40
- COLES DICED TOMATOES (400G) – $0.80
- COLES NATURES KITCHEN SWEET POTATO AND BLACKBEAN BURGERS – $3.75
- COLES TUNA RANGE (95G) – $0.90
Some of the products that have lowered in price over the past three weeks include:
- Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Portions with BBQ Rub – from $9/kg down to $8.50/kg
- Riverview Farms Australian Hot Roast Pork – from $21/kg down to $20/kg
- Flora Margarine Spread 1kg – from $8.95 down to $8.50
- Bega Peanut Butter 780g – from $8.00 down to $7.50
- Perfect Italiano Grated Cheese 250g – from $5.00 down to $4.75
- Coles Pacific Tuna Chunks In Olive Oil 425g – from $4.75 down to $4.00
- Coles Wholemeal Self Raising Flour – from $2.40 down to $2.00